Ahoy, mateys! You may have missed Talk Like a Pirate Day (September 19th), but you can still learn to speak Pirate!
For a limited time only (until November 1st), Pirate is one of the many language courses offered through Mango Languages.
In just a few minutes, you’ll learn:
- The appropriate way to hail your fellow gentlemen o’ fortune.
- A few choice names to call your lazy excuse of a crew.
- The finer points of swashbuckling.
- A bit about Pirate history, and the part it played in forming modern democracy.
- All sorts of practical Pirate lingo!
Of course, if you just want to learn Spanish or Italian (or Russian, Chinese, Korean, Haitian Creole, or many others), Mango has plenty for you, too!
(If you are not a Newton resident, click here for access to the Pirate course only, through Nov. 1, 2011.)